Mittenfest

Here we are knitting mittens for holiday presents.. or just for fun:) If you want to join, drop us a line:)

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Snowdrift minnens!

Hi everyone. I joined a while back but just completed my first qualifying project: Snowdrift Mittens (note: if you want the pattern and have trouble downlpoading it from the site, just e-mail me at annypurls {at} hotmail {dot} com and I'll try to hook you up ;0)


I knit them from 3 balls of Peruvian Pure Alpaca from Elann - 2 teal and 1 celery. I did come a tiny bit short of the teal for the second thumb as you can see from the photo but that's because I didn't have full balls to start with since I knit these with leftover stash.

They were my first seriously stranded fair isle project and while they looked a little wonky at first, once I pressed them with a damp cloth, they straightened out nicely. I'll surely knit these again someday.

Okay one last photo, I swear ;0)


Happy knitting!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger sienna said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger sienna said…

    I LOVE the green thumb!! Creative mismatching is so much fun.

     
  • At 6:07 AM, Blogger Bumbershootska said…

    omigawd they're awesome - great work!!!!

     
  • At 12:42 AM, Blogger crnaofca said…

    this is soooo beautiful! i love color combo, i love pattern, and i envy your skills:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home