Mittenfest

Here we are knitting mittens for holiday presents.. or just for fun:) If you want to join, drop us a line:)

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hello!

I'm so excited to be part of this KAL! It seems that there are people here both close to me physically and quite far away.

I've been a sock knitter for awhile now but only recently ventured into hand coverings. Funny...since my grandma always made mitts. I can't remember her making anything else. My mom always knit too, but mostly on straight needles. I remember being somewhat in awe of grandma's many needles and memorized mitt pattern.


My first foray into hands...Knitty's Fetching in variegated alpaca yarn. It looks nice (and feels great!) but I really think I would prefer this pattern with a solid colour yarn next time. The turquoise ones below look amazing!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger crnaofca said…

    i think yours look very good, too:) i did same thing with my first fetching, i made them in variegated yarn, and cables were totally lost in them... but i just love that color, they look very comfy:) nice to have you over:)

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Blogger Bumbershootska said…

    welcome, Sienna!!!!
    Your Fetchings look so soft!
    (okay, now you've convinced me to make a pair, too!)
    Crnaofca - did you knit the beads onto the cuffs or add them later?

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger crnaofca said…

    ohh.. beads are just bracelet i was wearing then.. but i guess you could knit them onto the cuffs, on CO row.

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger Bumbershootska said…

    hmmm maybe that's how I'll make mine, with beads on the cast on edge... I've never knit with beads before but I have tons in my beading room/office...
    :)

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Nalan Kaplan said…

    very nice !

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger crnaofca said…

    i think beads would be a nice touch:)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home