Mittenfest

Here we are knitting mittens for holiday presents.. or just for fun:) If you want to join, drop us a line:)

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Finished

My mittens are finished. I must say I'm not very satisfied. I tried to make them like one mittens I saw, but I should've followed some pattern for my first mittens.
Cuff is too wide, it is done in moss stitch. I should've done it with smaller needles. They look very long and narrow, but they fit my hand perfectly. I would like them to look wider, though. And top is not squarish enough, and even if it was, it wouldn't look good on my hand... maybe if they were even longer, but then they would be... well, longer:)
Now I have to make ton of mittens for Christmas presents, and I'll make them using some pattern this time:)
Only problem is determining how big is one average male hand. Any ideas, girls?

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Magrit said…

    They look very nice and commoded. I have a lagre palm, so every mitten I do for boys - I do as for me .... :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home